A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server and can only be read by the Website that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card. It is not a program and cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses.
Cookies can also customize the site to your particular interests or store your personal information – like passwords or user IDs. If a site ever greets you with your name, chances are it’s using a cookie to do so.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie – this gives you the chance to decide whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to change your settings, please use the help function in your browser. The alerts will be quite frequent, however, and may eventually become annoying.
You can use Tourisme Laurentides’ Website without cookies.
Information we collect and how we use it
Two types of information are collected from our Website:
- Personal or "individually identifiable" information you provide to us.
- Aggregate information regarding overall Website traffic patterns. Normally, Web servers collect this type of standard Web server/visitor traffic information as part of their Web log processes. We do not report on individual user sessions.
You do not need to give personal information to receive information from this site.
There are instances online, however, when Tourisme Laurentides requests individually identifiable information from you. Please note that we do give our Web visitors options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when subscribing to our newsletters.
- Opting not to receive further communications from Tourisme Laurentides.
- The personal information collected by Tourisme Laurentides will remain within the organization. No information will be disclosed or shared.
- In application of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to access, rectify, delete or oppose data concerning you. These rights are exercised by mail to the following address: Tourisme Laurentides - Data Protection Officer - 14142 rue de la Chapelle, Mirabel, J7J 2C8
Our Website contains several e-mail links that allow Web visitors to easily send an e-mail inquiry, send feedback to Tourisme Laurentides or subscribe to our newsletters. When you use the e-mail links, your e-mail address and the subject of your inquiry are provided to Tourisme Laurentides.
We only use this information to respond to your inquiries and track the service we provide. This information helps us improve our Website, provide more relevant information to our site visitors and update our site as need be.
Future contact with Tourisme Laurentides
Tourisme Laurentides may contact people who sent information requests or newsletters subscribers with further communications on a variety of topics. Those people may be contacted by mail, telephone or e-mail. If you do not wish to be contacted, we will honour this request. Simply contact us at:
14142, rue de la Chapelle,
Mirabel (Québec) J7J 2C8
Links to other sites
Tourisme Laurentides has links to other Websites that are not under its control. Tourisme Laurentides is not responsible for the contents of any linked Website, any link contained in a linked Website or any changes or updates to such Websites. The inclusion of any link does not mean that Tourisme Laurentides endorses that Website.
Please be aware that Tourisme Laurentides is not responsible for the privacy practices of other Websites that we link to. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that requests personal information from you.