Moulin Légaré - Visite touristique du Vieux-Saint-Eustache | Tourisme Laurentides
Due to COVID-19, some of the events and attractions listed on the website may be cancelled or closed. Please join us by email: [email protected] or by phone: 450 224-7007 | 1800 561-6673 for all information requests. As a precautionary measure, The Tourist Information Bureau at La Porte-du-Nord is no longer open for in-person services until further notice. For more information on COVID-19, please go Quebec.ca/coronavirus.
Due to COVID-19, some of the events and attractions listed on the website may be cancelled or closed. Please join us by email: [email protected] or by phone: 450 224-7007 | 1800 561-6673 for all information requests. As a precautionary measure, The Tourist Information Bureau at La Porte-du-Nord is no longer open for in-person services until further notice. For more information on COVID-19, please go Quebec.ca/coronavirus.

Moulin Légaré - Visite touristique du Vieux-Saint-Eustache

1 / 6

Moulin Légaré - Visite touristique du Vieux-Saint-Eustache

Moulin Légaré is North America’s oldest water-driven flourmill still in operation. Built in 1762, it has been designated a national historic site and is located in the very heart of Old Saint-Eustache in an enchanting setting beside rivière du Chêne. The miller produces wheat and buckwheat flour the old-fashioned way.

The miller still produces wheat and buckwheat flour, using ancestral methods with the original millstones.  It is possible to get flour on site!  The functionning of the ancient mechanisms are explained by passionate costumed guides. In 1976, the mill was listed cultural property by the government of Québec and in 2000, it was listed National Historic Site of Canada.

The entrance fee includes access to the exhibition rooms of La Maison de la Culture et du Patrimoine (manoir Globensky). Don't miss the "galette" (buckwheat flour pancakes) and country flavours Festival, the third weekend of September.

Schedule:
June 17 to August 30, daily, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
From August 31 to September 29, open on Saturdays and Sundays, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Guided tours of the mill at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
Duration: 60 minutes
Admission: children 6 and under: free; students: $5.50; seniors: $6.50; adults: $7.

 

Services: 
Picnic area
Toilet
Product sale
Guided tour

Specific information:

Terms of Payment: 
Visa
Master Card
Debit Card
Cash
Sector: 
Saint-Eustache

Information

232, rue Saint-Eustache
Saint-Eustache, QC, Canada
J7R 2L7
Quebec CA
Phone: 
450 974-5170
Fax: 
450 974-2632
Old-Saint-Eustache on social networks