Introduction to Cani-hiking
Discover the world of sled dogs during the summer!
Alaskan Adventure Tremblant offers you the opportunity to discover the world of sled dogs during the summer season. Come and experience the initiation to Cani-randonneuring including the visit of the pack.
What is the cani-rando? Cani-rando is hiking with a dog that pulls ahead, attached to a waist belt and a long leash. It is an outdoor sport activity, of easy-intermediate level, to be done with a dog on a flat and hilly nature trail.
Come and experience a moment of complicity with our 50 husky-Alaskan dogs. Spend time with the mushers and learn more about the life of sled dogs. A magical moment guaranteed!
Suitable for adults and families with children from 8 years old.
The 2:00 activity includes:
- Welcome, adjust waist belt for cani-rando with explanations,
- Meet the pack
- Come and choose the dog you are going to befriend (option of guides depending on the type of dog and the physical strength of each adult and child).
- Learn how to put on the harness and get ready to leave,
- Cani-hike in the forest with your dog (about 45 minutes depending on the group and the weather, including the stop).
- Stop at the stream to bathe the dogs
- Stop at the teepee for a break (15 minutes)
- End with time to play with the puppies and visit the pack
- Includes a choice of beverage: (bottle of water, juice or liquor) will be given at the break.
We also offer 1 hour visits of the kennel, accessible to all, every day!
Visit my Website: alaskanaventure.com