Gare de Prévost

Gare de Prévost

Built in 1898, the Prévost railway station, which was known at the time as Shawbridge station, was a stopping place for travellers who were leaving the metropolis in order to “go up North.” Until 1937, Shawbridge station welcomed hundreds of tourists come to practice both summer and winter sports in Prévost.

In 1985, citizens of Prévost decided to preserve and restore the station and the Prévost Station Committee came into being. In the early 1990s, Canadian Pacific removed all the tracks on the “P'tit train du nord.” This allowed cross-country skiers and cyclists to take over the former railway line, and thanks to the efforts of local citizens, it became the longest linear park in North America. In 1995, the Rivière-du-Nord RMC acquired the former railway line and took over management of the linear park. In 1997 and 1998, Station Committee volunteers carried out major renovation works to beautify the old building. And so, for its centenary, Shawbridge station was once again able to welcome tourists wishing to enjoy the various Laurentian attractions.

Prévost station has been restored by a group of devoted and visionary volunteers who have helped maintain this century-old heritage building. Today, the station is an important halting place for cyclists, walkers and skiers who are touring “Le P’tit Train du Nord” and its nearby trails. It also hosts a painting symposium.

Open: year-round, daily from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

450 224-2105
Contact
Visit Website

1272, rue de la Traverse,
Prévost, (Qc)
J0R 1T0

1272, rue de la Traverse,
Prévost, (Qc)
J0R 1T0

450 224-2105
Contact
Visit Website

Contact Us

Need more informations?
Complete the form below for more information

Thanks!

We will answer you
as soon as possible.

* Required fields

MRC de La Rivière du Nord
MRC des Pays-d’en-Haut
Tourisme Laurentides
MRC des Laurentides
MRC d’Antoine-Labelle
Québec Original