/sites/default/files/db681a95bb8435f1f189797159618b6c.png

Gare de Saint-Jérôme

Gare de Saint-Jérôme

COVID-19 – Update : this attraction is closed. 

The old railway station in Saint-Jérôme is of significant heritage value and historic interest. The building bears testimony to the importance of the railways in the development of Saint-Jérôme and the Laurentians. Curé Antoine Labelle (1833-1891) is intimately linked to the history of this railway and as of 1869, he was influential in ensuring that the line was built.

Inaugurated in 1876 by the Québec, Montréal, Ottawa and Occidental Railroad (QMOO), the Montréal-Saint-Jérôme line ensured supplies for colonists in the north and brought cargoes of wood down to the metropolis to be used for heating. In 1882, Canadian Pacific (CP) bought out the railway from the QMOO and went on to complete it. It then provided access to municipalities further north, including Sainte-Agathe, Saint-Jovite, Labelle, Nominingue, Mont-Tremblant, and finally Mont-Laurier in 1909. The elaborate architecture of the station served to mark the importance of Saint-Jérôme as the main gateway to the region. For more information.

The City of Saint-Jérôme has set up its main Tourist Bureau to provide information to residents and visitors about the activities taking place on its territory and throughout the Rivière-du-Nord RMC.

Open: Generally open daily from mid-may to Labour Day.

450 432-0767
Contact
Visit Website

160, rue de la Gare,
Saint-Jérôme, (Qc)
J7Z 7H9

160, rue de la Gare,
Saint-Jérôme, (Qc)
J7Z 7H9

450 432-0767
Contact
Visit Website

Contact Us

Need more informations?
Complete the form below for more information

Thanks!

We will answer you
as soon as possible.

* Required fields

MRC de La Rivière du Nord
MRC des Pays-d’en-Haut
Tourisme Laurentides
MRC des Laurentides
MRC d’Antoine-Labelle
Québec Original